Telkom has not placed a single ad for CDMA phones or service in the Nation for over one week! Nor has a Telkom dealer advertised... Are they in the market for wireless phone sales?
Safaricom is promoting its Saasa tariff while Celtel is selling its Jishinde postpaid plan with 16/- per minute all day!
All Telkom did over Easter was advertise VOIP calls at 15/-, which are more expensive than the Calling Booths/Cybercafes) but no CDMA service...!
Does Tlkom understand that increased sales of CDMA lines will lead to an increase in international VOIP calls?
Telkom's website is pathetic... slow & poorly designed!
- Is Telkom still rolling out the CDMA wireless service?
- What do the handsets (Mobile + Desktop) cost?
- Can I use a CDMA handset (mobile) to connect to the internet?
The list of dealers on their website has left out all areas except Nairobi. Even the Mombasa dealers are not shown! Their website is a cheap advertising outlet but... they do not use it!
Furthermore, they are making a mistake by selling the lines at 1,000/-... they need a fire sale at 99/- since that will boost the uptake of the service... or sell the line for 1,000/- INCLUSIVE of 1,000/- worth of pre-paid credit!
Unlike Safaricom & Celtel, Telkom requires a "service application form" which adds to the process of acquiring a line!
I am not sure what the handsets cost but unlike Safaricom's offers of "cheap" sets (2,500/-), the Telkom sets 9,000/- & higher! If someone has better information, please post it!
Finally, coverage - still expanding but... not even close to Celtel's (let alone Safaricom's) coverage!
Is there a problem with Telkom's CDMA push?
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- AccessKenya IPO/OFS - Last Day
- Updates on the Service Industry...
- Kenya 2030 - Service Economy Superstar?
- Safaricom to list offshore... What are they thinki...
- What happened to Telkom's CDMA push?
- Where to for Kenyan businesses? Rumination #2 - Te...
- Where to for Kenyan businesses? Rumination #1 - Re...
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2006 (99)