I hope Micheal Joseph reads my blog coz SafCon is going to the dogs...
I have (almost) given up using SafCon's pre-paid voice service since Zain introduced Vuka.
In addition, for Kes 65/day I have 12 hours talk time between 6am-6pm. This is great since it can be used during peak hours. For 20/- (club 20) I get 'free' talk time from 10pm-6am & unlimited 'free' sms for the whole day!
(BTW, all the 'free' stuff is only Zain-Zain).
I sorta like the pre-paid Bambanet (internet) service since I can use it almost anywhere in Kenya (urban areas) & it is relatively fast BUT the service has been spotty of late.
1) I keep on getting disconnected after 2-3 minutes of use. Very frustrating especially when I am sending e-mails, posting on blogs or downloading.
2) I need to try 2-3 times before I am connected to the network. This really pisses me off.
3) 10 days ago, I could not get my balance on the Bambanet account. I was checking to see how much unused MBs I had as well as the expiry date but I kept on getting 'blank' replies to my enquiries. I had to spend an inordinate amount of time to visit a retail location to sort it out!
4) SafCon (see 3 above) charges 8/- per MB if you exceed the limit/package but they will not tell you the balance. What conmanship. I was a victim of the scam.
Pre-paid Voice service:
1) The employees at the retail center were unaware of when the "Jimbambie" promotion ends. I was told "December" but not 1st or 15th or 31st December!
2) I tried to call customer service on 100 but as always no luck. Why do they even bother to tell us there is a pre-paid customer service?
3) Unlike Zain, there is no indication of the cost of the call or balance after each call. I really like the feature on Zain. And when the Jibambie tariff shows up... it does not clarify which 'level' thus I could be conned & not know it!
If Zain introduces a 3G internet product... I will vuka over asap on that too... For those who have safcon shares... beware coz the competition is far better than SafCon... Don't be conned that SafCon's lead is unassailable. GM used to be the world's most profitable automaker. GM may be the largest BUT for investors... it has been a loser over the last 5 years!!!
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- Mauritius - A rare bird in the African Union
- Kenya Government to blame for fuel shortages
- Merry X-mas
- Idiots at Kenya Pipeline Company exposed
- Kenya Pipeline Company - Fishy dealings
- Zimbabwe - Gone to the dogs...
- Fuel Shortages in Kenya
- What is jimnah smoking?
- Michelle Obama vs Lucy Kibaki - Salaries
- Back to the Future - Traditional Crops
- Safaricom - Quality & Service problems
- Kenya - Pull up the bootstraps or else...
- Kenya - Voodoo Economics - Disaster
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)