Kenyan CEOs have come of age where they will resign in the face of intereference! I wish the Mr. Ole Mapelu & his managers the best!
KBC carried this story. I wonder how long the quality march on KBC will last considering the government is interfering again!
It is this blatant interference that brought down KR, KPTC among tens of firms controlled by the government. The business of business is business! The government's job is to create a an environment that fair for all & allows for businesses to thrive thus uplifting the standards of living!
EAPCC had started making large profits under Mapeyu. It was on course to expand in Rwanda & Sudan! This was growth unprecedented for them. For many years EAPCC palyed second fiddle to Bamburi but was showing its mettle!
EAPCC could have gone the same way as KQ but might end up as Uchumi! I believe EAPCC should be removed as a "parastatal" thus freeing it from the whims of government crooks!
Kituyi has been adversely mentioned in the Nation of complicity in certain shenanigans. Please no more Commissions of Inquiry on this matter! How do we find out the truth?
In 2003 the government tried to get their nominees onto KQ's board but KLM brilliantly outmanouevered them coz of shareholder support + their 26% ownership. Further KLM has the RIGHT to appoint the MD & FD. Thank heaven for small favours!
All the best to Mr. Mapelu & the managers who did the honourable thing!
Sad but true...
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ScanGroup off to an explosive start in initial Tra...
- ScanGroup Announces 1H 2006 Results
- Bamburi - Friend or Foe?
- Scangroup IPO beats expectations!
- Kenya Airways & Kenya Times - World of Difference!...
- Private Firms going Public ? - The Contenders
- New Listings on NSE in 2006-7... Wishful thinking?...
- mukhisa kituyi's comments on EAPC & Ole Mapelu don...
- Kick Tanzania out of the EAC
- Merali Empire gets unfavourable review from Nation...
- Scangroup IPO massively oversubscribed!
- CEOs & Managers Resign in Protest of Government In...
- ▼ August (12)