The VP's post is often considered "ceremonial". The only VP who made it to becoming prez was dan "the idiot" moi when jomo "the landgrabber" kenyatta kicked the bucket. Even then moi barely made it. If not for charlie njonjo's support, there was no chance moi would have been top dog.
Many VPs have been forced out of office. Among these are:
- Raila's daddy... Oginga Odinga
- There was a decent, honest guy... Joseph Murumbi who quit coz he could not stand the shenanigans
- Josephat Karanja... poor guy was hounded out in fashion... though I am not sure what his crime was
- Musalia Mudavadi... VP for a few months then even lost his MP's seat in 2002. Now in ODM. Would have been VP (again) if Raila became prez
- Saitoti, corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. Goldenberg happened under his watch. Was told to shut up in public by dan moi.
So kalooser is concerned. Speculation is rife that he will be kicked aside to pave way for ODM (read Raila). I would say he deserves being cast aside just as he cast aside Julia Ojiambo. Just desserts!