Well, I guess it helps to be uhuru kenyatta's (Finance Minister & Deputy PM) uncle as well as a buddy who speaks the same language as kibz (Kenya's prez).
Yes, the reviled, corrupt & inept george muhoho is back at KAA in spite of all the accusations of incompetence. It seems he might have firm instructions to wrap up - and collect the cash on - all the funny deals within the next 12 months. Before others get wise to the 'deals' especially the long-dated land leases. Yep, sell out Kenya. Quicker the better. After all 2012 is not that far away!!!
muhoho & friends forget - or do not care - that JKIA could be the real hub of Africa. That Nairobi could be a thriving 'shopping' destination for transit passengers. That this can create thousands of well-paying jobs for Kenyans. Diversify our economy. Enrich all Kenyans.
No... All that is NOT relevant because quick cash for 'personal' use can be made by entering into opaque deals with 'unknown' or connected firms. Allocate land to unknown foreign airlines (OneJetOne) & developers (the so-called Qatari based Afro-Asian Investment Company) while starving locally-grown Kenyan airlines of growth opportunities.
Anyone out there who thinks all is above board here?
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- Fertiliser Scams - Follow the blogger
- Subsidised Fertiliser Scams - I told you
- Anglo-Leasing & amos wako
- Somali pirates killed - Good riddance!
- Kill the Somali Pirates
- Obama bows before king abdullah
- Safaricom enters the Gambling business
- Kenol Share Price Shenanigans
- Price-fixing & manipulation at the NSE - Idiots
- JKIA reminds you of _________?
- muhoho-ho-ho (corrupt? inept? Or both?)back at KAA...
- I&M Bank has a very profitable 2008 - but 2009?
- Headlines We Would Love To See - April Fool's Day
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)