The French mounted a rescue attempt on the "The Tanit" but lost a French hostage. The French in good form killed two pirates. The Indian Navy also destroyed a somali pirate boat killing a few somali pirates.
The rest of the world needs to get in line. The Germans capture pirates. What a waste of time. The USA has not mounted any attacks on the somalis. The Germans are constrained by some silly notion of not being the aggressor. The USA is haunted by the "Blackhawk Down" incident as well as Obama's obsession/need to improve relations with the muslim world. Obama was filmed bowing down to the saudi king!
Well, Kenya is affected in many ways by somali piracy. We lose tourists (cruise ships), higher import costs for oil, etc. These pirates also provide bases for al-qaeda as well as drug smuggling into Kenya.
I think the Amercians, Brits, Indians, Chinese, etc should BOMB the somalis back to the ice age. A co-ordinated attack on all major ports/bases should cripple the somali pirates. A second attack should be on any somali boat or mothership.
Yes, yes, yes... some civilians will be hurt but let's face it... these civilians are the support staff for the pirates. I would rather have a safer Kenya then worry about some dead somalis.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- Fertiliser Scams - Follow the blogger
- Subsidised Fertiliser Scams - I told you
- Anglo-Leasing & amos wako
- Somali pirates killed - Good riddance!
- Kill the Somali Pirates
- Obama bows before king abdullah
- Safaricom enters the Gambling business
- Kenol Share Price Shenanigans
- Price-fixing & manipulation at the NSE - Idiots
- JKIA reminds you of _________?
- muhoho-ho-ho (corrupt? inept? Or both?)back at KAA...
- I&M Bank has a very profitable 2008 - but 2009?
- Headlines We Would Love To See - April Fool's Day
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)