What idiocy by the NSE.
The NSE wants the stockbroker licenses valued at a minimum of Kes 251mn. This is silly at best & perhaps criminal.
The NSE (or any stock exchange) is founded on the basis of PRICE DISCOVERY. Willing buyer, willing seller. So doesn't this go against their own credo... So why not just 'fix' prices on the stock exchange as well? After all... who cares about the 'willing buyer, willing seller' concept?
The Kes 251mn is based on what Renaissance paid for the 'clean' thuo license. Well... this was in 2007, when NSE was booming. Not in 2009 when brokers are collapsing. Nyaga & Discount collapsed in 2008 & 2009. Bob Mathews survived coz of Co-op Bank.
(If I had Kes 251mn, I would rather put it in the Infrastructure Bond at 13.5% Nett (Kes 30mn or so). No management hassles, no fraud, no employees, no need for capex, no working capital.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- Fertiliser Scams - Follow the blogger
- Subsidised Fertiliser Scams - I told you
- Anglo-Leasing & amos wako
- Somali pirates killed - Good riddance!
- Kill the Somali Pirates
- Obama bows before king abdullah
- Safaricom enters the Gambling business
- Kenol Share Price Shenanigans
- Price-fixing & manipulation at the NSE - Idiots
- JKIA reminds you of _________?
- muhoho-ho-ho (corrupt? inept? Or both?)back at KAA...
- I&M Bank has a very profitable 2008 - but 2009?
- Headlines We Would Love To See - April Fool's Day
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)