So Kenya wants to be a prime candidate for the BPO industry... Well, a lot needs to be done and only a concerted effort by the private sector aided by the public sector will do...
Other Bangalore Wannabes (from Business Week)
Mauritius has a leg up on Kenya with better communications, bilingual population, tie with Indian firms (Infosys has already set up in the country) & enlightened leadership.
Other Anglophone countries that are in the market for additional business are Sri Lanka & Pakistan. In addition, the proximity to India (#1 BPO centre) makes the transition easier. The Philippines is another country with a substantial BPO sector. All the countries above also have a decent base to recruit IT graduates.
Senegal restructured its telecom network to tap into the Francophone BPO sector.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- So how much moi and his cronies steal?
- What is "Variable Weighted Average Price"
- NSE is unfair to Francis Thuo customers!
- Safaricom - 10% (not 5%) was stolen!
- More small cars coming our way from India...
- Housewife make Millions... trading stocks & forex!...
- Cheetahs vs Hippos
- Her... She... is... Mine...
- Why JKIA needs a 2nd runway...
- How to buy shares offered under a Rights Issue
- Olympia Capital Holdings announces Rights price......
- Nakumatt eyes Ugandan chain?
- For the Obama fans... the Obama Girl...
- Are all Telekoms or Telkoms the same the world ove...
- Business Process Outsourcing...
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2006 (99)