Considering Nakumatt's expansion plans across E&C Africa as well as its intention of going public in 2009... this seems an ideal opportunity to expand & gain instant market share in Uganda .
Uchumi has one branch in Kampala but can ill-afford to expand further... After what seems to be another failed attempt to raise additional funds from existing shareholders, it may have to shut down OR find a strategic investor to turn it around.
And just 10 years ago, Uchumi Supermarkets was one of Kenya's most profitable firms, under the then MD - Suresh Shah, paying hefty dividends... but it went downhill fast after chris kirubi & company took over...
That opened the door for the rapid expansion of Nakumatt since many suppliers quit supplying Uchumi. Even though Uchumi has a branch in Kampala, the continuing inancial problems at home will affect them in Uganda... whereas Nakumatt is raring to expand in East Africa.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- So how much moi and his cronies steal?
- What is "Variable Weighted Average Price"
- NSE is unfair to Francis Thuo customers!
- Safaricom - 10% (not 5%) was stolen!
- More small cars coming our way from India...
- Housewife make Millions... trading stocks & forex!...
- Cheetahs vs Hippos
- Her... She... is... Mine...
- Why JKIA needs a 2nd runway...
- How to buy shares offered under a Rights Issue
- Olympia Capital Holdings announces Rights price......
- Nakumatt eyes Ugandan chain?
- For the Obama fans... the Obama Girl...
- Are all Telekoms or Telkoms the same the world ove...
- Business Process Outsourcing...
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2006 (99)