- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- More Corruption?
- Rights Issues - For Non-Shareholders
- Rights Offers - How they work
- Olympia Holdings (almost) home & dry...
- The Nairobi Stock ATM... Olympia, Diamond Trust & ...
- Olympia Rights in major trade
- My Stocks
- Rwanda - The Switzerland of Africa?
- VWAP (on the NSE pricelist) - Please help me!
- Olympia Capital Holdings Rights Offer - Queries Pa...
- Olympia Capital Holdings - Rights Offer
- Why are we afraid of Egypt?
- Healthcare (or lack thereof) in Kenya!
- Olympia Capital Holdings Rights Offer
- Kenya's triumphs at the IAAF World Athletics Champ...
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2006 (99)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Sometimes the unlikeliest sources uncover corruption!
Business Daily ran a story about the GOK moving towards issuing new driving licenses. I always wondered why GOK sticks with the old "booklet" system!
Now I know why!
The new cards are expected to save the State at least Sh100 per driver that is spent on printing of paper renewals every year. Philip Langat, a deputy secretary in the Ministry of Transport, says it costs Sh500 to produce one of the red booklets.
Yikes! We have thick textbooks that cost less to produce! We have micro-processors that cost less! We can buy SIM cards for less! We can buy 256 KB flash disks for less!
Or is someone skimming off the top?