So... I came across an interesting little tidbit in the Business Daily (18 June 2008)...
But problems started emerging early this year when the NSE 20 Index fell sharply and the weakly capitalised brokers could not keep up with the teeming and lading game.
What exactly is "teeming and lading" - in relation to stockbroking?
And it continues...
That is how Nyaga Stockbrokers, Francis Drummond and a few others got into much trouble.
1. Its is Drummond Investment Bank not Francis Drummond...
2. Hmm... I though it was Franchis Thuo & Co that was in hot water...
3. Isn't DIB/FD owed a copious apology?
4. Will this error remain frozen in cyberspace when I google Drummond?
Well... surprise, surprise... BD has been nominated for the Diageo Africa Business Reporting Awards (DABRA). Well, I don't think Drummond IB was among those who voted for BD...
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- Tsavo Securities plans to buy 51% of Crossfield Se...
- Despondency & the common Kenyan (wo)man
- Grand "Corruption" Regency
- City Trust & Business Daily goofs!
- CMA's website
- SafCon - The scam
- CMA - Are they serious?
- Drummond in trouble OR Business Daily screws up. A...
- Do not re-elect any MP who rejects taxation of the...
- Would Africans elect Obama to be a president?
- Safari-Con debuts
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)