On 19 Oct, the next trading day after the announcement, ICDCIC shares traded between 420/- & 800/- for an average price of 553/-.
I am speechless! Well, good luck to the buyers!
Share splits (not banana splits) are all the rage!
Kenol started it off with a 10:1
EABL followed with a 1:5 bonus followed by a 5:1 split
E.A.Cables did a 10:1 split
Now, ICDCIC announces a 10:1 split!
ICDCIC closed at 391/- on 18 Oct 2006...
EPS: 11.03 (+106%)
Div: 4/- (+33%)
NAV: 112/- (+23%)
The AGM is on 12 Jan 2007 (which is quite late considering the year end was June 30 2006) & the split shares start trading on 22 Jan 2007.
Price on 1 Jan 2006 was 72.50 thus the price has increased by 450%, while profits 106% & NAV only 23%.... The "real" NAV is probably higher since they have some great investments whose value does not fully "show" up on the Balance Sheet.
The NAV is probably higher than shown since some assets are shown at "cost" or "directors' valuation" that could be conservative. Included among these unlisted investments are shares in Eveready & General Motors (K) among many others.
ICDCIC did not provide a breakdown of the income from sales of shares. These gains may be one-time gains if ICDCIC cannot replace the "sold" shares with other investments that will attract similar gains/returns in future years.
ICDCIC has indicated a Rights Issue was possible to raise funds. The split will "reduce" the price to "manageable" levels for many investors.
Since it remains an investment firm, the premium to the NAV is (IMHO) too high unless the unlisted firms' are valued at much higher prices/multiples.
Nevertheless, I expect the price to rise on a SPECULATIVE basis.
IMHO there is little value/upside at current prices even though the firm is expected to do well in 2006-7.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- Eveready EA to go public - Offer for Sale
- Oil Majors getting a BUM rap - Its politics not ec...
- Am I looking at KQ thru rose-coloured glasses?
- Rave - KQ has another banner (Half) Year
- Premier World Investor (Warren Buffett) does not b...
- RAVE - For Ibrahim Mo and his "Best Prez" prize!
- Can we sue the NSE for their idiotic errors?
- Blogger Problems --- pondering shift to Vox or Wor...
- NSE makes simple (idiotic) errors...
- Lee Kuan Yew for President (Again)
- Eveready (among others) prepares for IPO
- ICDCIC announces a 10:1 split... and great results...
- Olympia Capital Holdings zooms ahead!
- East African Federation - Is this an April 1 joke?...
- Forget the lethargic NSE - Kenyans take matter int...
- Sasini - Bonus? Rights? Acquisition? Or something ...
- Dream Team for Kenya, by Kenyans, of Kenyans
- My Dream Team for Kenya
- A True Economic Union Can Benefit ALL E.African Co...
- ▼ October (19)