If TZ would ease up on its xenophobic attitude towards Kenya, there is sufficient liquidity amongst the private firms to develop the coalfields.
- A resurgent KR could hook up with Tazara to extend the railway all the way to southwest TZ & ship the coal to Kenya.
- KenGen could colloborate, provide funds & expertise for the power plants.
- KPLC could extend its grid further south to enable imports from TZ and re-exports to Uganda.
- Bamburi uses coal for its plants & would invest to ensure a reliable supply at a reasonable cost.
- Various manufacturers could use SW Tanzania as a springboard to S.African countries/markets like Malawi & Mozambique.