Does the NSE hire folks who flunked their Math classes?
This is NOT calculus but note the following!
October 19th (Thursday) TPS (Serena) share prices were shown as follows:
High - 94
Low - 85
Average - 84
This information was from the Excel File the NSE had on their website for Price & Trades downloads.
Since when was an AVERAGE lower than the minimum value in the data range?
As noted by dudej;
I do not need a Bsc in Maths to show that the if high is 94 and low is 94,the average statistic of 84 is misplaced. Even the lowest weighted average for would have to be 85. Perhaps someone accidentally replaced 94 with 84 on the average price.
It is pathetic to note such errors! What other errors are "hidden" from us?
There was another mega-goof in the past month when the price list had Olympia at 3/-.... Someone could have placed a BUY order at market expecting the maximum 10% to kick in but instead buys at 5x the price coz of a IDIOTIC error!
As dudj asked "Aren't these costly mistakes? and who is paying for them?"
Dudej, all I can say is definitely not the NSE...
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- Eveready EA to go public - Offer for Sale
- Oil Majors getting a BUM rap - Its politics not ec...
- Am I looking at KQ thru rose-coloured glasses?
- Rave - KQ has another banner (Half) Year
- Premier World Investor (Warren Buffett) does not b...
- RAVE - For Ibrahim Mo and his "Best Prez" prize!
- Can we sue the NSE for their idiotic errors?
- Blogger Problems --- pondering shift to Vox or Wor...
- NSE makes simple (idiotic) errors...
- Lee Kuan Yew for President (Again)
- Eveready (among others) prepares for IPO
- ICDCIC announces a 10:1 split... and great results...
- Olympia Capital Holdings zooms ahead!
- East African Federation - Is this an April 1 joke?...
- Forget the lethargic NSE - Kenyans take matter int...
- Sasini - Bonus? Rights? Acquisition? Or something ...
- Dream Team for Kenya, by Kenyans, of Kenyans
- My Dream Team for Kenya
- A True Economic Union Can Benefit ALL E.African Co...
- ▼ October (19)