The GoK could have sold GRH to the public and make it a public entity... but there would be nothing there for the politicians... would there?
GRH with a market value of KES 3bn would have been larger than the market caps Unilever Tea, Kakuzi, Rea Vipingo, C&G, Marshalls, Sameer Africa, etc... It would have been as large as ALL the AIMS firms combined!
Of course, interested bidders for the management contract could have been Serena, Fairmont among others... but again what would kibz or kimunya have gotten?
In Zambia, Lusaka's premier hotel, the Taj Pamodzi, majority shares were sold to the Taj Group of India but it remains a public listed entity... It seems Zambia have better government governance than we do...
Who knows, KQ - publicly listed - could have taken a stake in GRH & marketed it as their exclusive hotel for its passengers & crew but would k&k benefit?
I am going to boycott the GRH unless it is (re)sold for a fair price in a transparent manner. I will urge ALL listed firms NOT to hold their AGMs there in protest at the farce.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- KPLC = mini-KRA
- How the KRA & govt kill local businesses!
- Poor KPLC
- African Despots - Back to the Future...
- The Libyans lay down the law...
- The good life...
- Makeovers at Nation & Standard online...
- Spare the rod and spoil the child...
- The case of disappearing land...
- What Ghana's crooks learnt from Kenya...
- Can Africa be salvaged... in my lifetime?
- Nairobi City Council - Idiots or Smart?
- Set a thief to catch a thief...
- East African - Errors Galore!
- Kenyans & AGMs
- $3 million house for VP
- Uchumi real estate & Grand Regency Hotel
- Orengo vs Kimunya. Don't threaten but sue! And may...
- No to subsidies!
- Olympia Capital Holdings - Final Results 2007-8
- NSE Compensation Fund runs out...
- kimunya - the sacrificial lamb?
- Has Susan Mudhune resigned from KCB's Board?
- Open Letter to all listed firms on the NSE - Grand...
- Grand Regency Hotel - IPO? Dreaming...
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)