1) Does it receive subsidies from GoK? If yes, how much?
2) Does it receive favourable treatment from KRA?
3) How are its activities funded?
The problem is that any government 'support' costs taxpayers even more.
- Subsidies means higher taxes on those who pay taxes (MPs excluded).
- Favored tax status means the other taxpayers are disadvantaged.
- Capital put into NOCK means other areas are starved OR the funds are borrowed from the money markets.
Strenghten regulation and quality controls. Which firm imported the low-quality LPG?
Various taxes on petroleum products should be reduced or eliminated. Or encourage public transport by offering 'free market' incentives e.g. lower taxes on buses & mini-vans.
Government 'support' will encourage cronyism, corruption & inefficiencies!
** Good news: Political clout on the decline. KCB sold off a farm that kenyatta had stolen. They had borrowed money using the farm as collateral & KCB foreclosed on it. Considering (not yet) uhuru is Deputy PM, this is great since other politicians will be running scared!