It seems that Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) lent $24mn to Triton to buy petroleum supplies under the OTS. The products were held by Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) as 'custodian' for KCB's interests.
Now... it seems some corruption (or incompetence) within KPC meant the stocks were released to Triton without KCB's approval... So Triton sold the stocks... pocketed the cash... and split!!!
So KCB went to court to freeze the assets of Triton... and if KPC does not pony up the cash... then KCB will probably sue KPC...
I still can't believe that some (misguided) Kenyans believe KPC should remain 100% in government hands!
Solution: Sell the Triton stations asap to NOCK (or another buyer) through TRANSPARENT means. Pay off as many debts as possible with the proceeds. Put out an international arrest warrant for the 'owners'. Sack, arrest & charge the chaps who authorised the 'release' of the products. Seize their assets since corruption was likely in this matter.
Start the process to privatize KPC.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- KQ has very profitable 3Q 2008-9
- Uganda Banking Sector
- Corruption at KPC continues unabated - Higher fuel...
- Discredited ECK employees to get 500 million
- Mega-corruption at the Central Bank of Kenya
- Rwanda - The New Hope of Africa
- Am I a fool for not stealing?
- He is back... Corruption in Kenya... Aluta Continu...
- Is Africa cursed?
- The Top 20 African Billionaires
- Congrats to Obama & what Africa can learn...
- Why would anyone take Kenyans seriously?
- Kenya Airports Authority - Coldtusker vindicated -...
- Price Controls & favoritism for NOCK - More future...
- KPC-Triton Scam: Daily Nation makes a faux pas... ...
- Weekly Citizen's take on KPC-Triton scam
- Kenya's reliability suffers blow after KPC scam
- Scandal rocks KPC - Coldtusker told you...
- Triton - KPC alledgely in cahoots with Triton
- Where hither the Kenya Shilling?
- Coldtusker is Twittering
- Novelty in the airline industry - airtime for flig...
- Kenya Ferries Ltd - Ferries stall - Deja Vu
- CBK governor & his pies in the sky (and a MONSTER ...
- Kenyan Government Officials overpaid?
- Government Blunders/Corruption continues in Fuel S...
- France's First Ladies...
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)