#1 - According to Daily Nation: "Economic secretary Geoffrey Mwau said although Kenya has not felt the effects of the global financial crisis, lack of corporate governance in shares dealings poses a great risk."
Wow... I would have never guessed! So the drop in tourists, lower prices for tea, flowers, depreciation of the KSh vs US$... wow... not a result of the GFC?
And CBK governor was claiming 7% growth for Kenya in 2008. I have not heard from him in a while. Perhaps indigestion after gorging on humble pie?
#2 - Back to donors with a begging bowl... while scams 'exposed' in the past 4 weeks account for KShs 15bn.
- 8bn for the KPC-Triton scam coz govt (aka taxpayers) will bail out KPC.
- 1bn for the NCPB maize theft/scandals.
- 6bn for 'over-billing' for the pipeline extensions/expansion/enhancement - chinese firm implicated.
- Great cartoon in the DN
- Trips to USA for Obama's inauguration
- Other junkets by politicians while in the USA
#3 - Corruption - The next frontier - Chinese & Libyan connections
I am worried about corruption in Kenya but it seems to be going a notch higher with the chinese & libyan firms. Since these firms are state controlled, you might as well give up hope on getting information from the chinese or libyans to fight the scams!
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- KQ has very profitable 3Q 2008-9
- Uganda Banking Sector
- Corruption at KPC continues unabated - Higher fuel...
- Discredited ECK employees to get 500 million
- Mega-corruption at the Central Bank of Kenya
- Rwanda - The New Hope of Africa
- Am I a fool for not stealing?
- He is back... Corruption in Kenya... Aluta Continu...
- Is Africa cursed?
- The Top 20 African Billionaires
- Congrats to Obama & what Africa can learn...
- Why would anyone take Kenyans seriously?
- Kenya Airports Authority - Coldtusker vindicated -...
- Price Controls & favoritism for NOCK - More future...
- KPC-Triton Scam: Daily Nation makes a faux pas... ...
- Weekly Citizen's take on KPC-Triton scam
- Kenya's reliability suffers blow after KPC scam
- Scandal rocks KPC - Coldtusker told you...
- Triton - KPC alledgely in cahoots with Triton
- Where hither the Kenya Shilling?
- Coldtusker is Twittering
- Novelty in the airline industry - airtime for flig...
- Kenya Ferries Ltd - Ferries stall - Deja Vu
- CBK governor & his pies in the sky (and a MONSTER ...
- Kenyan Government Officials overpaid?
- Government Blunders/Corruption continues in Fuel S...
- France's First Ladies...
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)