I, Coldtusker, GUARANTEE that the decision by the government of Kenya to import, subsidise & distribute fertilizer will be beset by multiple scams involving one or more of the following:
A - The 'wrong' (type, grades, mixes, combinations) fertilizer will be imported/distributed to the areas.
B - Politically connected firms & individuals (e.g. jackson kibor & maize) will buy the subsidised fertilizer & sell it at higher prices.
C - In many cases the fertilizer will reach the farmers AFTER the planting season is over. Or reach them when it is not as effective/ideal.
D - Gov't will ultimately deliver fertilizer at prices higher than what private firms can. If not for subsidies, the price of government fertilizer will be higher than private firms!
E - In some cases, the fertilizer will be left to 'spoil' & will be disposed off as 'junk' or 'obsolete' or 'ineffective'.
PLEASE quote me if any if the above does not happen IF the government goes ahead with the foolhardy idea of importing & distributing fertilizer through the NCPB.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ColdTusker applies for the Greatest Job in the Wor...
- Kenya Airways - Oversold?
- Buy Kenyan, Build Kenya
- Family firms out-perform 'public' firms
- NSSF (Kenya) vs Temasek (Singapore)
- Fertilizer Imports have started - Scams come next
- Sameer Africa posts better results - Not really
- Coming soon to Kenya - The Grand Fertilizer Scam
- Tidbits - just for you!
- Rwanda - The New Hope of Africa Part 2
- Kenya Airport Authority - Corrupt & Inept
- I want me a BarackBerry
- Is South Africa really part of Sub-Saharan Africa?...
- roocy kibaki blames saitoti for molo deaths
- KQ announces profit warning
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)