I admire Lee Kuan Yew (the former PM of Singapore) for the discipline he installed in Singapore.
As has been many times before, economically Kenya & Singapore were at 'similar' levels in 1963 except Kenya has much more 'potential'.
Singapore had LKY. Kenya had crooked wa ngengi (aka jomo 'land grabbing' kenyatta) & then dan 'uber-thief' moi.
Singapore has a Sovereign Wealth Fund called Temasek. Acknowledging deficiencies in managing the SWF, Singapore has hired heavy hitters who happen to be expats.
Kenya has NSSF. The same corrupt board is 're-hired' even after losing billions in scandals.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ColdTusker applies for the Greatest Job in the Wor...
- Kenya Airways - Oversold?
- Buy Kenyan, Build Kenya
- Family firms out-perform 'public' firms
- NSSF (Kenya) vs Temasek (Singapore)
- Fertilizer Imports have started - Scams come next
- Sameer Africa posts better results - Not really
- Coming soon to Kenya - The Grand Fertilizer Scam
- Tidbits - just for you!
- Rwanda - The New Hope of Africa Part 2
- Kenya Airport Authority - Corrupt & Inept
- I want me a BarackBerry
- Is South Africa really part of Sub-Saharan Africa?...
- roocy kibaki blames saitoti for molo deaths
- KQ announces profit warning
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)