China supposedly has the lowest wages in the world but it gets worse when the underpaid & overworked are considered in the equation.
China has an aging population that produced more boys than girls after the implementation of One-child Policy. Nevertheless, China's current population still stands at a massive 1.3 Billion people - Kenya has 33 Million.
List of most populous countries
Other countries stand to gain after 30 years when the population ages & there aren't enough "replacements" for the current generation of workers.
An interesting observation made by a very smart gentleman I know was that many Chinese will have to move back to the rural areas to take care of their parents thus depleting the ranks of factory workers even further.
The beneficiaries will be the countries surrounding China and perhaps the African nations.
Nevertheless, the juggernaut is almost unstoppable for now & Africa needs to become more competitive.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- Williamson Tea Announces superb 1H 2006-7 Results
- Port Privatisation (without hidden shareholdings!)...
- Justice Delayed is Justice Denied!
- Potholes at Kisumu Airport???
- Kisumu Airport Closed - Runways washed out!
- What is 10% of Safaricom worth?
- Standard & Kenya Times silent on Mobitelea scam!
- The Mystery Deepens while the Government Dithers
- Vodafone's 2005 Annual Report
- Nigeria's State of Aviation - Could this happen to...
- Who says Kenya needs Aid? Just ask gichuru for a l...
- moi & cronies - Thieves Inc...
- Tanzania faces MASSIVE electricty shortage! Kenyan...
- The Passing of A Giant - Milton Friedman
- How China dominates Manufacturing - The Labour Fac...
- Kenya opts for Fibre-optic Undersea Cable System
- African Governments & High Fuel Prices
- Update on the Oil Industry in Kenya
- Reviewed Site Featured in Barrons!
- Eveready OFS picking up steam
- What are the results of the investigation on City ...
- Eveready is ready. Are you?
- A must read for those who love Stock Splits
- Banks' profits rise 3Q 2006 vs 3Q 2005
- Barclays announces Bonus & Rights
- Why the price of Petrol remains high
- City Trust hit KES 500 (6 Nov 2006)
- Rant - Where is the 1 Nov 2006 NSE price list?
- ▼ November (28)