Stock splits aren't all they are hyped up to be especially for the smart money.
Warren Buffet has NEVER split the shares of his Holding Company - Berkshire Hathaway "A" shares were trading at over $107,000 as of 10 Nov 2006.
Regardless of the all the smokescreens about the real value of a split, the Kenyan retail investor seemingly loves bonuses & splits!
There seems to be a pattern of share prices rising in anticipation of a split. The price hits a new high & the company splits the shares to make them more affordable!
All that has happened is that some folks who owned the shares BEFORE the rally increase the value of their paper holdings.
The really smart ones cash out...
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- Williamson Tea Announces superb 1H 2006-7 Results
- Port Privatisation (without hidden shareholdings!)...
- Justice Delayed is Justice Denied!
- Potholes at Kisumu Airport???
- Kisumu Airport Closed - Runways washed out!
- What is 10% of Safaricom worth?
- Standard & Kenya Times silent on Mobitelea scam!
- The Mystery Deepens while the Government Dithers
- Vodafone's 2005 Annual Report
- Nigeria's State of Aviation - Could this happen to...
- Who says Kenya needs Aid? Just ask gichuru for a l...
- moi & cronies - Thieves Inc...
- Tanzania faces MASSIVE electricty shortage! Kenyan...
- The Passing of A Giant - Milton Friedman
- How China dominates Manufacturing - The Labour Fac...
- Kenya opts for Fibre-optic Undersea Cable System
- African Governments & High Fuel Prices
- Update on the Oil Industry in Kenya
- Reviewed Site Featured in Barrons!
- Eveready OFS picking up steam
- What are the results of the investigation on City ...
- Eveready is ready. Are you?
- A must read for those who love Stock Splits
- Banks' profits rise 3Q 2006 vs 3Q 2005
- Barclays announces Bonus & Rights
- Why the price of Petrol remains high
- City Trust hit KES 500 (6 Nov 2006)
- Rant - Where is the 1 Nov 2006 NSE price list?
- ▼ November (28)