I am glad the Press is digging this stuff up even though I believe divorces are personal matters not for public consumption.
Many successful (real) businessmen have not made what gichuru has made while gichuru "earns/steals" this through a teetering parastatal! That is why I support privatisation.
Furthermore, I think having "foreign" management is a good thing! The managers can be Kenyan (e.g. Barclays, KQ, SCBK) but the "ultimate" management authority lies with someone else.
Why? Look at KQ where Naikuni has done a great job! Moi hated him. In 2003, the kibz' government tried to "install" their men BUT were roundly rejected by KLM & enlightened shareholders.
Back to gichuru
- How much of his wealth is earned legitimately?
- The government used to "crackdown" on foreign accounts for legitimate businesses e.g. tea exporters BUT left its cronies alone!
- What did moi & cronies get from all this?
- Turkwell Gorge has been linked to biwott.
- If the reports of gichuru's shareholdings are true then investigate merali since Yana is a merali firm!
KPLC was milked dry to the bone during the 1997 elections while gichuru was MD. It is known that njenga karume (now in kibz government) was "induced" by gichuru (for kanu & moi) by getting a contract to supply over-priced transformers!
I am sure there are others out there who have this ill-gotten wealth.
There is the kenyatta family with thousands of acres of grabbed land.
There is the moi family with thousands of acres of grabbed land among other shenanigans.
There is the karume family with gains from political backroom deals.
gichuru & his stolen billions!
merali was a moi insider who got favourable treatment. Where did he really get his money & deals?
I wonder where eddy njoroge is in all this?
Just start with the above to finance the budget shortfall!
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- Williamson Tea Announces superb 1H 2006-7 Results
- Port Privatisation (without hidden shareholdings!)...
- Justice Delayed is Justice Denied!
- Potholes at Kisumu Airport???
- Kisumu Airport Closed - Runways washed out!
- What is 10% of Safaricom worth?
- Standard & Kenya Times silent on Mobitelea scam!
- The Mystery Deepens while the Government Dithers
- Vodafone's 2005 Annual Report
- Nigeria's State of Aviation - Could this happen to...
- Who says Kenya needs Aid? Just ask gichuru for a l...
- moi & cronies - Thieves Inc...
- Tanzania faces MASSIVE electricty shortage! Kenyan...
- The Passing of A Giant - Milton Friedman
- How China dominates Manufacturing - The Labour Fac...
- Kenya opts for Fibre-optic Undersea Cable System
- African Governments & High Fuel Prices
- Update on the Oil Industry in Kenya
- Reviewed Site Featured in Barrons!
- Eveready OFS picking up steam
- What are the results of the investigation on City ...
- Eveready is ready. Are you?
- A must read for those who love Stock Splits
- Banks' profits rise 3Q 2006 vs 3Q 2005
- Barclays announces Bonus & Rights
- Why the price of Petrol remains high
- City Trust hit KES 500 (6 Nov 2006)
- Rant - Where is the 1 Nov 2006 NSE price list?
- ▼ November (28)