Here is Vodafone's 2005 Annual Report that shows the purchase of 5% of Safaricom from Mobitelea Ventures... It is a large file so download only if you have a speedy connection...
It is on Page 25 (using adobe's page numbering system) which is Page 23 of the Annual Report.
This is a one-pager that shows significant acquisitions in 2003. Go to the bottom of the page.
So does Mobitelea still own 5%?
Who owns Mobitelea?
Did Vodafone essentially "pay" a bribe?
How did Mobitelea acquire the 10%?
WAKO knows... I betcha he knows...
Note that the date of purchase was 10 Jan 2003... just after kanu lost the elections!
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- Williamson Tea Announces superb 1H 2006-7 Results
- Port Privatisation (without hidden shareholdings!)...
- Justice Delayed is Justice Denied!
- Potholes at Kisumu Airport???
- Kisumu Airport Closed - Runways washed out!
- What is 10% of Safaricom worth?
- Standard & Kenya Times silent on Mobitelea scam!
- The Mystery Deepens while the Government Dithers
- Vodafone's 2005 Annual Report
- Nigeria's State of Aviation - Could this happen to...
- Who says Kenya needs Aid? Just ask gichuru for a l...
- moi & cronies - Thieves Inc...
- Tanzania faces MASSIVE electricty shortage! Kenyan...
- The Passing of A Giant - Milton Friedman
- How China dominates Manufacturing - The Labour Fac...
- Kenya opts for Fibre-optic Undersea Cable System
- African Governments & High Fuel Prices
- Update on the Oil Industry in Kenya
- Reviewed Site Featured in Barrons!
- Eveready OFS picking up steam
- What are the results of the investigation on City ...
- Eveready is ready. Are you?
- A must read for those who love Stock Splits
- Banks' profits rise 3Q 2006 vs 3Q 2005
- Barclays announces Bonus & Rights
- Why the price of Petrol remains high
- City Trust hit KES 500 (6 Nov 2006)
- Rant - Where is the 1 Nov 2006 NSE price list?
- ▼ November (28)