Are these Potholes I see?
As many of you are aware that Google Maps provides excellent views of Kenya esp the major towns - in spite of silly/out-dated laws that "prohibit" such images! - so I zoomed onto Kisumu to check out the runway!
Well, the photo/image seems dated i.e. taken prior to the recent heavy rains but there seem to be POTHOLES on the runway which led to KQ suspending flights about 1 month ago.
The airport is tiny... but has potential if the KAA can get its act together...
The Google Map link might take a while to load depending on your connection speed but enjoy!
If you can't find it on Google Maps, then try this alternate site that also uses Google Maps but "leads" you directly to the airport as long as you continue zooming in. You will need to the satellite/hybrid option.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- ► 2008 (170)
- ► 2007 (79)
- Williamson Tea Announces superb 1H 2006-7 Results
- Port Privatisation (without hidden shareholdings!)...
- Justice Delayed is Justice Denied!
- Potholes at Kisumu Airport???
- Kisumu Airport Closed - Runways washed out!
- What is 10% of Safaricom worth?
- Standard & Kenya Times silent on Mobitelea scam!
- The Mystery Deepens while the Government Dithers
- Vodafone's 2005 Annual Report
- Nigeria's State of Aviation - Could this happen to...
- Who says Kenya needs Aid? Just ask gichuru for a l...
- moi & cronies - Thieves Inc...
- Tanzania faces MASSIVE electricty shortage! Kenyan...
- The Passing of A Giant - Milton Friedman
- How China dominates Manufacturing - The Labour Fac...
- Kenya opts for Fibre-optic Undersea Cable System
- African Governments & High Fuel Prices
- Update on the Oil Industry in Kenya
- Reviewed Site Featured in Barrons!
- Eveready OFS picking up steam
- What are the results of the investigation on City ...
- Eveready is ready. Are you?
- A must read for those who love Stock Splits
- Banks' profits rise 3Q 2006 vs 3Q 2005
- Barclays announces Bonus & Rights
- Why the price of Petrol remains high
- City Trust hit KES 500 (6 Nov 2006)
- Rant - Where is the 1 Nov 2006 NSE price list?
- ▼ November (28)