North America is Kenya's 3rd largest tourist market. If Kenya can get an Open Skies agreement with the USA (& Canada) it will reduce KQ's costs & increase passenger numbers by bypassing European hubs.
Furthermore, Delta which plans flight from USA to Kenya via West Africa is a member of SkyTeam, and can add code-share passengers to KQ's regional flights while allowing KQ to sell additional seats/destinations on Delta flights. Then, KQ can compete with SAA for passengers from southern Africa traveling to N.America.
Whereas high fuel prices hurt KQ, its larger/stronger financial base can make KQ - if well managed - a long-term winner as many marginal African airlines are expected to collapse during 2008.
Of course, all is not rosy but KQ should not let up on investing in new efficient planes, better facilities & staff training.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- Disinvestment in Kenya
- Kenya needs to emulate India's dynamism...
- Why is Kenyan labour costly vs Chinese labour?
- GoK spends & naps while Kenyans suffer...
- A Tale of two(2) SafCon Prospectuses
- Zimbabwean Follies... Worth a laugh!
- Is Africa politically regressing?
- KAA needs to be privatized
- More stockbrokers to bite the dust?
- Coldtusker becomes a TRILLIONAIRE...
- Banks on a roll...
- Back to Basics - Economics, Finance and Wealth Cre...
- Ah, the Kenya we know...
- Zim$ at 123,000,000 per US$
- Zim$ drops faster than a rock!
- KQ's fortunes looking up...
- Safaricom IPO(OFS) gets murky.
- Suicide Jumper
- Kenya - Corruption back on track...
- Zimbabwe Billionaire...
- Bloggers pissed off at bloated cabinet...
- Is Mungiki related to PNU?
- List of Cabinet Ministers + my grades!
- 42 Ministers + prez + pm + 2 deputy pms = too many...
- Again - Apple TV is not GTV
- Kenyans sing the Indian National Anthem
- Coldtusker declared a Billionaire
- Tanzanians screwed by Bank of Tanzania!
- sam ' I can't count' kivuitu at it. Again.
- CMA wants to kill of Venture Capital Funds
- The "not so good" happenings in Kenya...
- Lower those brokerage fees!
- India Grows Up...
- bob ' the murderer' mugabe tries populism again......
- KPLC - Change the law!
- Kenya's economy suffers major hit
- Kenyan politicians killing the Golden Goose...
- New Cabinet Lineup...
- Kenya's New Cabinet is neither Lean nor Clean...
- Another pathetic article from Business Daily
- (Politically) Is Zimbabwe another Kenya?
- Kenyan gov't is senile...
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)