6 brokers on the Watchlist according the Business Daily.
Bob Mathews - In trouble once. In trouble again?
Discount Securities - The owners tried to sell it at an inflated price but no-one bit at the time.
Reliable Securities - In the news before. Jos Konzolo was the former NSSF head honcho.
Crossfield - Securities - No idea.
Solid Securities - Now NIC Capital. An operational matter or a problem with the prior owners. NIC Bank has enough money to keep them in business. NIC owns 60% of SS but I expect an 'internal' Rights Issue will increase their stake.
Ngenye Kariuki & Co - A surprise on this list. It has been a 'steady' firm with a large retail base. The owner is a hands-on manager (unlike Nyaga Stockbrokers).
Does any one have more to add on these firms?
And a new broker- Chartered Capital. Info from Bankelele.
I think the value of the 'licenses' will drop from the astronomical figures bid by Old Mutual (KShs 452mn) and Renaissance Capital (KShs 256mn). Rumours have it that there are another 4 new licenses waiting to be issued.
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (44)
- Disinvestment in Kenya
- Kenya needs to emulate India's dynamism...
- Why is Kenyan labour costly vs Chinese labour?
- GoK spends & naps while Kenyans suffer...
- A Tale of two(2) SafCon Prospectuses
- Zimbabwean Follies... Worth a laugh!
- Is Africa politically regressing?
- KAA needs to be privatized
- More stockbrokers to bite the dust?
- Coldtusker becomes a TRILLIONAIRE...
- Banks on a roll...
- Back to Basics - Economics, Finance and Wealth Cre...
- Ah, the Kenya we know...
- Zim$ at 123,000,000 per US$
- Zim$ drops faster than a rock!
- KQ's fortunes looking up...
- Safaricom IPO(OFS) gets murky.
- Suicide Jumper
- Kenya - Corruption back on track...
- Zimbabwe Billionaire...
- Bloggers pissed off at bloated cabinet...
- Is Mungiki related to PNU?
- List of Cabinet Ministers + my grades!
- 42 Ministers + prez + pm + 2 deputy pms = too many...
- Again - Apple TV is not GTV
- Kenyans sing the Indian National Anthem
- Coldtusker declared a Billionaire
- Tanzanians screwed by Bank of Tanzania!
- sam ' I can't count' kivuitu at it. Again.
- CMA wants to kill of Venture Capital Funds
- The "not so good" happenings in Kenya...
- Lower those brokerage fees!
- India Grows Up...
- bob ' the murderer' mugabe tries populism again......
- KPLC - Change the law!
- Kenya's economy suffers major hit
- Kenyan politicians killing the Golden Goose...
- New Cabinet Lineup...
- Kenya's New Cabinet is neither Lean nor Clean...
- Another pathetic article from Business Daily
- (Politically) Is Zimbabwe another Kenya?
- Kenyan gov't is senile...
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2007 (79)
- ► 2006 (99)